Acupuncture for your pets
Pet Acupuncture by Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist
Certified by the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (I.V.A.S.), Dr. Hershman offers pet acupuncture and electroacupuncture.
- Pet acupuncture works best to treat pain due to early, mild arthritic pain or mild slipped discs, whereas as homeopathy works best with chronic disease, which is more than 90% of the cases.
- Pet electroacupuncture helps with partial paralysis (paresis) to stimulate nerves to regenerate and arthritic cases to alleviate pain.
Both pet acupuncture and homeopathy are natural alternatives which have no negative side effects like cortisone and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).
Common chronic illnesses treated with acupuncture:
- Arthritis mild, early joint pain
- Muscle sprain or injuries
- Post-op knee surgery if conventional meds not indicated
- Partial paralysis due to slipped discs