Acupuncture for your pets
Pet Acupuncture by Certified Veterinary Acupuncturist
Certified by the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (I.V.A.S.), Dr. Hershman offers pet acupuncture and electroacupuncture.
- Pet acupuncture works best to treat pain due to early, mild arthritic pain or mild slipped discs, whereas as homeopathy works best with chronic disease, which is more than 90% of the cases.
- Pet electroacupuncture helps with partial paralysis (paresis) to stimulate nerves to regenerate and arthritic cases to alleviate pain.
Both pet acupuncture and homeopathy are natural alternatives which have no negative side effects like cortisone and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS).
Common chronic illnesses treated with acupuncture:
- Arthritis mild, early joint pain
- Muscle sprain or injuries
- Post-op knee surgery if conventional meds not indicated
- Partial paralysis due to slipped discs
Make An Appointment for Pet Acupuncture
- Please call the office for price quotes for acupuncture.
The homeopathic initial consultation is most time-consuming and depending on the complexity of the case, it can take 1-2 hours and includes:
- Gathering historical and current information, including physical and mental symptoms
- Phone and email consultations with you and your veterinarian
- Analysis time to decide a treatment approach.
After your pet is examined, acupuncture will be performed if appropriate. Homeopathic medicinemay be prescribed along with a recommended natural diet and appropriate nutritional supplements.
Before scheduling an appointment:
- Provide conventional medical records with test results (email or fax the records to 914-478-4101)
- Fill out the:
Monday – Closed
Tuesday – 11am – 7pm
Wednesday – 11am – 7pm
Thursday – 11am – 7pm
Friday – 11am – 7pm
Saturday, 12pm – 6pm
Sunday – Closed